- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 cup Curd
- ½ tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 Red Chilli, flakes
- 1 tbsp Chopped Onion
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 2 medium Ripe Mangoes
- ¼ tsp Black Mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp Grated fresh Coconut
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- Peel and cut the mango in small cubes.
- Add the mustard powder, green chillies, fresh coconut, sugar and salt to the yogurt. Whisk together and add to the mango cubes. Stir.
- Heat oil in the pan. When hot add the mustard seeds. When seeds begin to pop, add the red chilli and onion. Let the onion turn brown.
- Take off the fire and add to the curd mixture. Mix well and serve at room temperature or cold.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare in advance to let all flavors blend together.
- 1 tsp Aniseed
- 750 gms Sugar
- 1 tbsp Kishmish
- ½ tsp Citric acid
- ½ kg Raw Mangoes
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Few Drops of Kewda essence
- 8 Green Cardamom, seeds only
- Peel, cut and deseed the mangoes.
- Boil in water, when done throw away the water.
- Add sugar and citric acid to the water and cook to one-thread consistency. Remove the froth from the surface of the syrup.
- Add mango slices, simmer till the syrup thickens and the slices become tender and slightly translucent. Leave for 10-12 hours.
- Remove the mango slices from the syrup.
- Boil it again till acquires one-thread consistency.
- Add cardamom powder, kishmish, aniseed and mango slices to the syrup and cook for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and cool.
- Add ruh kewda and store.
Mango Papaya Relish
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 1 pod Garlic, minced
- ½ cup Papaya, diced
- 6 Green Chillies, pureed
- ½ cup Firm mango, pureed
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves, minced
- Combine the chillies, lemon juice, olive oil, coriander leaves, and garlic to make a marinade.
- Toss the pureed mango and papaya in the mixture and allow to sit for at least an hour to blend the flavors.
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/