Recipes - What Stuffing Is All About
1. 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
3. One 3-pound head of cauliflower, core trimmed
4. 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
5. 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
6. 2 tablespoons Ginger Paste
7. 2 tablespoons Garlic Paste
8. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
9. 1/4 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
10. 1/3 cup finely chopped green beans
11. 1 small carrot, finely chopped
12. 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
13. 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
14. 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
15. 1/8 teaspoon ground fenugreek
16. 1 cup cottage cheese
17. 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
18. 2 tablespoons dried currants
19. Freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Stir in the turmeric and 1 tablespoon of salt, add the head of cauliflower and cook until barely tender, about 15 minutes. Transfer the cauliflower to a large colander and let cool.
2. In a small skillet, toast the chickpea flour over moderate heat, stirring, until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Scrape the flour into a medium bowl and let cool, then stir in the yogurt, Ginger Paste, Garlic Paste and 1 tablespoon of the oil; season with salt.
3. In a mini food processor, finely grind the cashews. In the small skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add the green beans and carrot and cook over low heat, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garam masala, cumin, cayenne and fenugreek and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Scrape the mixture into a medium bowl and let cool, then stir in the cottage cheese, Cheddar, currants and ground cashews; season with salt and pepper.
4. Carefully stuff the head of cauliflower, packing small amounts of the vegetable mixture in between the florets and in the crannies on the underside of the head. Set the stuffed cauliflower in a baking dish, right side up, and spoon the yogurt topping all over the head. Bake the cauliflower for about 1 hour, or until richly browned. Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/