About Us Contact Us Help




Bollywood Baatein

Chitra Parayath

The Tamil Nadu chief Minister j. Jayalalitha announces that actor Vivek Oberoi (who has been hailed for his work with victims of the Tsunami in Cuddalore) achieved “Maximum publicity” for doing “nothing tangible”
Oberoi maintains that he had to move his relief work to Pondicerry (an Union Territory bordering Tamil Nadu) because the Tamil Nadu government declined to give him land to carry out the work. He is working on a 25-acre plot of land in Pondicerry.
"The Tamil Nadu government was not responsible for his decision," Ms Jayalalitha said, adding that Oberoi had done 10% of the relief work in Devanampattinam and her government the remaining 90%.

Director Ram Gopal Varma may claim that Abhishek Bachchan is a better actor than his father (and I AGREE) but Abhi himself, his dad’s no.1 fan will not even hear of it!
Abhishek, a chip of the old block, maintains that his dad is the greatest actor living! The father-son duo comes together in Varma’s ‘Sarkar.’ Abhishek said that he was terrified to share the screen with his famous father.
Well, we think Abhi can give his dad a run for his money any given day!
Abhishek’s upcoming releases include "Bunty Aur Babli" with Amitabh and Rani Mukherjee, Anubhav Sinha's "Dus", Rituparno Ghosh's "Antar Mahal" in Bengali, Ram Gopal Varma's "Sarkar", Sanjay Gadhvi's "Dhoom 2" a Karan Johar film.

Mani Shankar’s ‘Tango Charlie’, a film about border security forces is getting good reviews all around. He is now looking forward to direct a comedy that is being backed by Pritish Nandy Communications. Stars of the film have yet to be named.

Large hearted celebrities Shah Rukh Khan and Farah Khan recently donated a tidy sum to Jarimari Urdu municipal school, situated in Kurla (West), when they heard that the school lacked benches and light fixtures.

A remake of the old Hindi cult hit, ‘The Don’ may be in the works, we hear. The producer Ritesh Sidhwani insists that the film will not be a remake of the Amitabh- Zeenat starrer. This film will have Shah Rukh and Kareena in the lead.

India’s supermodels Celina Jaitley and Lara Dutta were shopping at an upscale designer store in NY city when they were spotted by a film crew shooting the ´Pink Panther Series´. The two beauties star as a part of the crowd in a scene that has the superb Ms. Beyonce Knowles and funny man Steve Martin.
Karan Johar’s ‘Kabhie alvida na kehna’ will have Amitabh Bachchan , Shah Rukh Khan , Abhishek Bachchan , Rani Mukerji , Preity Zinta and Kirron Kher. Denying rumors that he has signed on Ash for the film he also kept mum about the title!

Urmila Matondkar is being very secretive about her role in the new horror flick ‘Naina.’ The film was shot in London and if early buzz is to be believed, the yet unreleased film is truly terrfying!

Aamir Khan bruised his eye area during the shooting of  an action scene for the movie Rang De Basanti(Paint it Yellow) on April 1.  Trooper that he is, he insisted on coming back to work the next day, when he was informed that the injury was not serious. Aaamir plays a disc jockey in the film that is directed by Rakesh Mehra (of Aks).
The film, which will be in English and Hindi is about an American girl  who comes to India to make a documentary on martyr Bhagat Singh.

The Bachchan residence did not have the usual Holi bash this year.  Said the politically correct Bachchan senior, “There wont be any celebrations this year because of the devastations caused by Tsunami. We will miss all our friends from the industry who visit us on Holi every year. But celebrations seem out of place when nature has played such a cruel joke on people,”
Every year, the Bachchans throw the biggest, baddest Holi bash for the stars at their Juhu residence. On a side note, Bachchan met with Hillary Clinton in New Delhi recently (India Today Conclave)

Aamir Khan's April Fool's Day joke misfires! Aaamir, who is fond of playing practical jokes on his friends and associates (he had once offended close pal Juhi Chawla - they have patched up since), rubbed many the wrong way this year.
Many of the actors pals drove to Film City Mumbai after getting an invitation for him to attend a special screening of his latest film  "The Rising" on April 1. 
Aaamir’s manager Ashsish greeted them with the news that they had had been fooled! None among the lot was very amused, we hear as some of them had driven several long miles to be there. The fact that their pal wasn’t even there rankled a bit.
Aamir Khan's favorite prank on the sets used to be to pretend to read his co-stars' palms and then spit into it, we hear! Eeeow, how disgusting!

Bookmark and Share |

You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/

Home | About Us | Contact Us | Copyrights Help