Compiled by Anoop Kumar
(This article is sponsored by Monique Kornfeld, Esq.)
The suave and sharp Shah Rukh, who has also been blessed with the gift of the gab, subtly bailed out a high-profile PR agency that was managing an event for Pepsi, the cola giant, on Sunday. The Pepsi train ferried Shah Rukh, his "Don" co-star Priyanka Chopra, journalists and others from Delhi to Jaipur for the India-England match. When some members of the camera-toting brigade refused to budge after they had had their fill of shots of King Khan and Priyanka at a press conference, the already hyper media manager of the PR company became even more edgy. The media was happy that he had taken over and they would not have to hear more about "broken promises".
Actress Ria Sen gets lots of crank calls and she likes it, admitted the Bollywood starlet. "My mom and dad are used to blank calls at odd hours at home. In fact if I don't get attention I feel I am not good looking any more," Sen said. However, she has not taken on any new film roles in a while because she hasn't found the right one yet, she said. "I still haven't got what I really deserve. If I want to I could sign three solo-lead movies very single day," she said.
Bollywood former numero uno Madhuri Dixit will stage a comeback with a Yashraj film after a gap of nearly five years. A spokesperson for Yashraj Proudctions confirmed the report and said the actress, who had settled down in the United States after she got married to Dr Sriram Nene in 1999, will make her comeback in a film to be produced by Yashraj Production.
After choreographer-turned-director Farah Khan, it's her husband Shirish Kunder's turn to prove his mettle in Bollywood with his directorial debut "Jaan-e-Mann" - a triangular love story releasing Friday. This Salman Khan-Akshay Kumar-Preity Zinta-starrer can turn into a surprise Diwali hit because both Akshay and Salman share a good onscreen chemistry and the audiences loved them together in "Mujhse Shaadi Karogi".
Item girl Koena Mitra says she will consider Hollywood films only after making a strong foothold in Hindi filmdom. "It's too early for me to think about Hollywood. It's just been two years since I've started off. But which actor wouldn't accept the offer? Right now my main aim is to create a strong base in Bollywood. "Everyone grows with experience and I still have to learn a lot. I would definitely take it up since I love learning new things and believe in reinventing myself," said the actor.
Here is list of few Diwali/Id releases, can you guess which ones will be box office hits:
Here are previous Diwali releases:
* 2005: GARAM MASALA [hit], KYON KI… [flop], SHAADI NO. 1 [flop].
* 2004: VEER-ZAARA [hit], AITRAAZ [hit], NAACH [flop], MUGHAL-E-AZAM [hit].
* 2003: PINJAR [flop], SSSSHHH… [flop], INTEHA [flop], RAJA BHAIYA [flop].
* 2002: JEENA SIRF MERRE LIYE [flop], WAAH…! TERA KYA KEHNA [flop], ANNARTH [flop], LEELA [flop].
* 2001: TERA MERA SAATH RAHEN [flop], DEEWAANAPAN [flop], YEH ZINDAGI KA SAFAR [flop], ABHAY [flop].
* 2000: MOHABBATEIN [hit], MISSION KASHMIR [above average].
* 1999: HUM SAATH-SAATH HAIN [hit], SHOOL [flop], MAA KASAM [flop], ROCKFORD [average].
* 1998: KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI [hit], BADE MIYAN CHOTE MIYAN [hit].
* 1997: DIL TO PAGAL HAI [hit], GHULAM-E-MUSTHAFA [average], BHAI [above average].
* 1996: GHATAK [hit], SAPOOT [average].
* 1995: D.D.L.J. [hit], YARAANA [flop], GANGSTER [flop].
Share your Comments
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/