A traditional variation to the regular oats and milk combination, this recipe has the goodness of vegetables and is power packed with proteins.
1 cup oats
2 cups of mixed vegetables like carrot, green beans and peas
Onion - 1 medium
Few curry and coriander leaves
1 small piece ginger
3 green chillies
1 tsp chickpeas powder (chana dal)
1 tsp mustard
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt to taste
1) Heat one tsp of olive oil in a pan or kadai.
2) Add mustard, jeera and channa dal. Once it splutters, add chopped onion and sauté till golden brown.
3) Add chopped chillies and ginger and saute for 3 minutes.
4) Bring to a boil.
5) Add salt and oats and mix thoroughly.
6) Cover with a lid and cook till the oats are cooked.
INSTANT OATS DOSA
Whisked together with rice and buttermilk, the oats dosa spiced with green chillies, coriander leaves and cumin seeds, is really delicious.
2 cups oats
2 tbsp rice
Buttermilk/Yogurt (enough to soak and cover the oats)
2 green chillies
A pinch of asafoetida
Water as required
2 tsp finely chopped coriander
1 tsp cumin seeds (optional)
Salt to taste
1) Add the rice and oats into a bowl carefully seeing to it that all the husk if any is removed. To this add buttermilk or yogurt and allow it to soak for 20 minutes.
2) When soaked, pour it into a blender and grind well.
3) Add salt, asafoetida, chopped green chillies, coriander and a little water to get the dosa batter consistency.
4) Heat the girdle and start making dosa. Please note, this dosa will not be crisp. It will be a little soft but very tasty. Savour it with coriander chutney.
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/