We hope that you and your loved ones are safe during these difficult times. Thank you for your continuing support of the life-transforming work of AIM for Seva. We want to keep you informed of our situation and progress during the time of the pandemic.
- 95% of the 4,000 students living in our 104 free student homes are back home and are safe.
- We continue to provide on-line education to our students where applicable until school reopens later this year.
- We provided food and supplies to thousands of migrant workers, in rural India, during the pandemic, when they were rendered totally helpless.
- In the USA, we partnered with SEWA International to provide non-medical help such as donating masks, delivering groceries for senior citizens, travel & accommodations to stranded visitors and psychological counseling.
- We educate 9,000 children per year in our 104 Chatralayas (free student homes) and 7 educational institutions across 16 states of India; 90% of our students graduate from high school.
- Our 6 health care facilities serve 150,000 patients annually, from common ailments to performing surgery.
- We serve 5 million meals (Anna dānam) each year and invest 80,000 hours in shaping the life of a child through our value-based education (Vidya dānam).
- Our work has impacted over 20 million lives across 2,300 villages over the last 20 years.
OUR GROWTH PLAN
- 12 more Chatralayas (free student homes) are under construction, with completion set for 2021.
- 3 residential schools (Vidyalayas) are planned, with each campus comprising a high school and a boys & girls hostel as part of our five-year plan, with a long-term strategy of such campuses in every state of India.
- This unprecedented and innovative approach will allow us to increase our reach within rural India and bring our comprehensive care and proven value-based curriculum to a greater number of underprivileged children.
- Your continued support is needed now more than ever as we work to deepen our reach and have an even greater impact on the children we serve. We have earned Charity Navigator’s highest 4 star rating for the 4th consecutive year, demonstrating our strong financial health and commitment to accountability and transparency.
We have organized two virtual events this year to keep you in touch with our work and to celebrate this year’s fund-raising efforts:
Please register now (button below) for the first event on September 12th. During this online program to celebrate 20 years of AIM for Seva, children from the Chatralayas you support will be featured in various activities and cultural programs, followed by Namah, a dance by Rukmini Vijaykumar, whose unique blend of classical and other dance forms you may recall from our very first program in 2013 and 2017.
Please mark your calendars for our annual Donor Appreciation virtual event on November 7th at 8 pm EST. Details and links will be sent later.