INSPIRATION XXX – Bhagvan Sri Sathya Sai Baba
In 1972, I was introduced Sri Sathya Saibaba. My sister –in- Law Dr. Kailas Mahesh Parikh brought a Picture of him, which was supposed to be given by Baba himself to her friend. He gave it to her and she brought that to our Home.
The picture at the bottom the frame is one given by Baba to Dr. Rao and He gave that to me. We bought a few tapes of Sai Bhajan sung by himself and his Devotees. Their rendition was very sweet, melodious, soothing and touched my heart. We started singing them and we enjoyed them thoroughly. I loved his quotations. Finally, we (my family) got his Darshan in Person in July of 1985. We visited Puttpurty, Andhra Pradesh many a times since then. Worth Visiting !
Sri Sathya Sai Baba is a Spiritual Leader who was born on 23rd November 1926 AD. An Indian citizen, Sri Sathya Sai Baba was born in India. In his life, Sri Sathya Sai Baba is famous not only for his work but also for his quotations and sayings, some of which are quite popular and listed here.
Let us Celebrate his 93rd Birthday by Ruminating on these Quotes:
1. Start the Day with Love, Fill the day with Love, End the Day with Love and that is the way to GOD. 2. There is only One caste, that of Humanity; there is only one Language, the Language of Heart, There is Only one religion, the Religion of LOVE; there is only one God, he is OMnipresent, OMnipotent, OMniscient !
3. Help Ever, Hurt Never !
4. Love All, Serve All !
5. Start Early, Drive Slowly, Reach Safely, that is the Way to God!
6. Anytime, spent NOT taking Hari Naam (God's Name – Singing his Glory), is Tantamount to waste ! HariBhajan Bina Sukh-Shanti Nahi. There is NO Bliss and Peace without singing God's Bhajans- Devotionsl Songs.
7. You take one step towards me and I will take 1000 steps towards you!
8. The sweet fruit of Ananda. Share the Ananda with all. That is the proper way to celebrate the Birthday.
9. You must be a Lotus, unfolding its petals when the Sun rises in the sky, unaffected by the slush where it is born or even the water which sustains it.
10. Once we surrender our mind to GOD completely, HE will take care of us in every way.
11. Life is a song - sing it. Life is a game - play it. Life is a challenge - meet it. Life is a dream - realize it. Life is a sacrifice - offer it. Life is love - enjoy it.
12. Life is a challenge, meet it! Life is a dream, realize it! Life is a game, play it! Life is love, enjoy it! (Enjoy – End The Petty Joys ?)
13. Life is an opportunity afforded to each, not to eat and drink, but to achieve something nobler and higher to merge in the Reality.
14. Unity is the secret of social progress, and Service to society is the means to promote it.
15. Serve others for they are reflections of the same Entity of which you are yourself, another reflection. No one of you has any authenticity, except in reference to the Original. Feel always kinship with all creation.
16. Where there is no Purity, there is no Unity. Without Unity you cannot attain Divinity. Then your life is just a waste. First purity, next Unity, then you realize your Divinity.
17. Service is the highest spiritual discipline. Prayer and Meditation, or knowledge of scripture and Vedanta (holy scriptures of India), cannot help you reach the goal as quickly as service can. Service has a double effect, it extinguishes the Ego and gives Bliss.
18. All Service should be regarded as an offering to God, and every opportunity to serve should be welcomed as a gift from God. When Service is done in this spirit, it will lead to self- realization.
19. Speak with Love and it becomes Truth.
20. Love must express itself as service.
21. Love as Thought is Truth. Love as Action is Right Conduct. Love as Understanding is Peace. Love as Feeling is Non-violence.
22. I have come to light the lamp of Love in your hearts, to see that it shines day by day with added luster. I have not come on behalf of any exclusive religion. I have not come on a mission of publicity for a sect or creed or cause, nor have I come to collect followers for a doctrine. I have no plan to attract disciples or devotees into my fold or any fold. I have come to tell you of this unitary faith, this spiritual principle, this path of Love, this virtue of Love, this duty of Love, this obligation of Love.
He also promoted UNITY among religions.
Every Year, SATSANG Center Celebrates Geeta Jayanti (Dec 14th Sunday Bhajans from 1:30 PM) along with UNITY among religions. You are welcome to Join.
On 23rd Nov, we will have Sai Kirtan from 7 to 8 PM.
To listen, please call 712-776-7031. Access Code 618-555 followed by # sign.
Keep your phone on MUTE. Just listen.
Check our website www.satsangcenter.com for any updates esp. of time.
Jai Sai Ram!
Share your Comments
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/