The AAC Is Hiring A Full Time Administrative Coordinator
The AAC is hiring a Full Time Administrative Coordinator.
This opening provides a great opportunity to join a group of people that represents the interests of Asian Americans throughout the Commonwealth and is dedicated to advocacy on behalf of Asian Americans throughout Massachusetts.
Greater Metro Boston
Click Here: Administrative Coordinator Job Description
Deadline: September 25, 2019
Interested applicants may send their cover letters & resumes to email@example.com.
Full Time Administrative Coordinator
The Asian American Commission represents the interests of Asian Americans throughout the Commonwealth and is dedicated to advocacy on behalf of Asian Americans throughout Massachusetts. The Commission's goal is to recognize and highlight the vital contributions of Asian Americans to the social, cultural, economic, and political life of the Commonwealth; to identify and address the needs and challenges facing residents of Asian ancestry; and to promote the well-being of this dynamic and diverse community, thereby advancing the interests of all persons who call Massachusetts home.
Position Summary:This position is primarily based in Metro Boston and reports to the full Commission. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Full- Time Administrative Coordinator’s activities include, but are not limited to:
• Maintain organizational files and documents• Provide general administrative support and coordination of all AAC programming such as Health Disparity Education, Resource Fairs, Economic/Financial Literacy workshops, Young Leaders Symposium, Unity Dinner, etc.
• Schedule and secure meeting spaces for AAC and stakeholders as needed; Assist with preparation of meeting materials, generate and produce reports for the ED and Commissioners, conduct necessary research relevant to all AAC programs and projects as needed
• Assist with donor communication and bulk mailings
• Coordinate fundraising activities
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and written/oral communication skills• Strong interest in working to improve the health, education, and economic status of AAPI communities and strong interest in fulfilling the overall mission of AAC
• Experience working independently and as part of a team
• Flexible with a great sense of humor and willingness to take on initiatives for new assignments
• Experience with WordPress (or website development)
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite and MailChimp
• Full time position with some flexibility to work evening and weekends, depending on projects assigned
• Periodic travel within the state as required (attendance at monthly AAC meetings required)
• A Bachelor’s degree
To ApplyPlease submit your resume and cover letter to Jenny Chiang, Executive Director via email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply: September 25, 2019.
Salary: $36,000, full time 37.5 hours/week
Standard working hours Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm contingent upon project assignments and program requirements
This position is funded from the Commonwealth’s annual operating budget and is subject to appropriation. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other factors protected by law.
Share your Comments
In this Issue
|Shri Dwarkamai Sports Tournaments Of 2019|
by Devi Narayanan
Each Year Shri Dwarkamai Sports Team organizes Tennis Tournaments and Cricket Tournaments during the Summer time to benefit Boston Children’s Hospital. Communities from all around the greater Boston neighborhood participate in our tournaments. Between both tournaments this year, we were able to raise $1500, which will be donated to the Boston Children’s Hospital. [more]
by Sangita Rousseau
As you begin to formulate your legacy, ask yourself whom do you want to receive your assets and possessions when you pass away. Typically, this would be your children, but it could be parents, nieces, nephews, close friends or others you simply wish to acknowledge or benefit such as a charity or nonprofit organization. [more]
|Krishna Janmasthami At MIT|
by Geetha Patil
On Monday Sept 02, 2019, Shree Krishna Janmotsav/ Janmashtami was celebrated by the students of MIT Origins Club and Harvard University at the MIT Media Lab, Cambridge, MA with much devotion and a beautiful medley of cultural extravaganza. [more]
|5th Caleidoscope Indian Film Festival Brings An Ensemble Of Exhilarating Films To Boston|
by Chitro Neogy
The fifth Caleidoscope Indian Film Festival (Sep. 5 - Sep. 8, 2019) featured 15 multilingual films at 4 different theatrical venues. Over 800 people attended the screenings, which covered contemporary, powerful cinematic works from India’s top arthouse productions. [more]
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/