Recipes - Navaratri Special
- Potatoes – 3 (boiled)
- Kuttu flour – 1 cup
- Carom seeds – 1 tbsp
- Ghee or peanut oil for cooking
- Sendha namak
- Red chilli powder
- Take a pan and pour ghee into it.
- Crush the potatoes and sprinkle some chilli powder and salt over it.
- Saute the potatoes till they become light brown in color.
- Now, take a bowl and add chilli powder, carom seeds, and kuttu flour.
- Add water and stir in one direction until the batter turns smooth.
- The batter should be thick but also have a flowing consistency.
- Take a pan and pour ghee over it.
- Now, pour a ladle of the batter and spread.
- Cook for a few minutes, flip over and turn it around to cook the other side.
- Now put the potato filling on top and fold the dosa.
- Serve with mint and coconut chutney.
Makhana KheerIngredients :
- Milk – 5 cups
- Makhana – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Dry fruits chopped – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1 tbsp
- ghee – 2 tbsp
- Take a vessel and pour ghee into it.
- Fry the makhanas in the ghee and keep them aside.
- Chop them into small pieces once they cool down.
- Now in the vessel pour milk and let it simmer for some time.
- After half an hour add the chopped makhanas and let the milk boil till it reduces to half and the makhanas become soft.
- Add sugar, dry fruits, cardamom powder, and stir well.
- You can also store the kheer in the refrigerator and serve cold.
1) Potato - 1, big sized (diced in small
2) Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon.
3) Samwat rice - 1 cup.
4) Ghee(clarified butter) - 2 tablespoon.
5) Cloves - 2.
6) Rock salt (kala namak) - 2 teaspoon.
7) Cardamom - 2, green.
8) Cinnamon - 1, small.
9) Green coriander (to garnish).
10) Red chilli powder - 1/2 teaspoon.
11) Water - 3 cup.
1) Melt ghee in a pot. Add in cumin seeds,
cloves, cardamom and cinnamon. Blend well.
2) When the blended ingredients start giving off
fragrance, mix in potato and rice. Stir-fry to a light brown color.
4) Mix in rock salt, chilli powder and water.
Bring them to a boil.
5) Cover the pot and let the mixed items boil
slowly at low temperature for 10-15 minutes.
6) Decorate with green coriander. Serve hot
Share your Comments
In this Issue
|Arangetram: Nivedhya Cheruvari And Anjali Anilkumar|
by Varshini Arumugam
The audience were treated a truly unique experience in all aspects attending this unforgettable Arangetram, right from the colorful environment created by the decorations and ambience to the devotion and passion for the dance expressed by Nivedhya Cheruvari and Anjali Anilkumar conveyed through beautifully choreographed dance. [more]
Catch up, register and purchase tickets for the upcoming events and concerts including Achal Mehta Garba, Ekal Navaratri, Ekal Appathon, Surmayee Shyan, Lokvani Community and Youth Celebration and MITHAS Membership. [more]
|For The Mathematically Inclined|
Congratulations to Ramachandran Balakrishna who was the winner of the last set of puzzles. Here are two puzzles for one and all. [more]
|Carnatic Vocal Arangetram: Hamsa Shanmugam|
by Janani Swamy
The thorough grounding in fundamentals is a given when it comes to the students of Smt. Tara Anand- that in itself no mean feat. In the case of Hamsa Shanmugam, what was striking was her complete command and control throughout the 4 hour recital. There was not one moment of doubt or hesitation as she occupied the stage with the self-assurance of a seasoned musician. Hamsa has a natural ease with manodharma- the extemporaneous aspects of Carnatic music- and presented the creative elements with a sharp understanding of the many grammatical nuances that comprise the whole of the Carnatic idiom.
|Jay Gonzalez For Governor|
A reception in support of Jay Gonzalez for Governor will be held on Sunday, October 21, 2018 at 4:00 pm at Dharani Restaurant, Woburn, MA. [more]
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/