Learn The Basics Of LEGO® Robotics And Raise Money For Ekal!
Ekal LEGO® Robotics Boot Camp will be a fun filled boot camp where your student will learn basic bot building and coding using the Lego Mindstorms EV3 software and kit. This boot camp is a hands-on course which will introduce your student to the vast world of LEGO® Robotics through interactive presentations, robot building, and programming.In this course your student will:
What your students would have gained by the end of the boot camp:
- Learn the basics of robotics using LEGO® Mindstorms® EV3 kit.
- Get to know the different components like motors, sensors and the brick and build simple robots to perform autonomous and remote controlled tasks.
- Basic bot building skills including basic software coding skills. Learn about motor blocks, flow control blocks etc.
- You will take home project files for the programs you create.
- 3rd graders to middle and high schoolers to adults who are interested in learning robotics.
- Students who are interested in FLL competitions will gain from the insights provided by the instructor who is an FLL veteran.
- Adults and aspiring FLL coaches are welcome as well.
- When: July 14, 2018
- Duration: 6 hours, day-long camp, 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Lunch: Pizza will be served at the camp
- Address: No better place than where it all began! Tufts University, 200 College Ave, Medford, MA 02155
What you need to bring:
- You will need a laptop with the EV3 software downloaded on it [we will send you instructions to download the software once you have signed up.]
- If you have a LEGO® Mindstorms® EV3 kit you are welcome to bring that with you [a kit is not required].
How to Register:
- Registration is a 2 step process:
- Donate $60 per participant to this campaign [use Contribute Now button on top right]. Early bird registration fee is $50 per participant until June 30, 2018
- Register in this form: https://goo.gl/forms/aAXBcOHG8sAmRefb2
- All proceeds will benefit Ekal Vidyalaya, bringing education to children in rural India.
About the Instructor:- See more at: https://www.ekal.org/us/campaign-detail/ekal-lego-reg-robotics-boot-camp#sthash.HWVLtaTk.dpuf
Akash is a rising freshman at Shrewsbury High School this fall. He has led his First Lego League team to 3 consecutive FLL state championship tournaments at WPI. Throughout his years in LEGO® Robotics he was the lead programmer of his team. His team's bot placed second in the Shrewsbury qualifier, from where they went on to winning the second place Programming award at the FLL WPI state championship [Dec 2016]. Akash has also volunteered to help 5th and 6th graders in the Math Club run at Sherwood Middle School and enjoys working with kids.
Share your Comments
In this Issue
|Empresses Of China’s Forbidden City Makes U.S. Debut At Peabody Essex Museum |
The Peabody Essex Museum (PEM) debuts Empresses of China’s Forbidden City, the first major international exhibition to explore the role of empresses in China’s last dynasty––the Qing dynasty, from 1644 to 1912. [more]
|Sumana Rao Presents Rangabhivandanam|
by Anuradha Annaswamy
On June 10, 2018, on a beautiful New England day, Sumana Rao brought the exquisite 2000 year-old art form of Bharatanatyam to life through her Rangabhivandanam, in Scottish Rite Masonic Museum in Lexington, MA. [more]
|Prasanna Gopalakrishnan, Anand Rao, And Anupendra Sharma Named Distinguished Alumni Of BITS Pilani|
Bostonians Prasanna Gopalakrishnan, Anand Rao, and Anupendra Sharma - were named Distinguished Alumni of BITS Pilani in 2018. [more]
|Shambhavi Mahamudra Alleviates Menstrual Disorders|
Sadhguru looks at the fundamental reason why so many women experience emotional turmoil during the biological process of menstruation and explains how Shambhavi Maha Mudra can help them. [more]
|Ashwin Seshagiri And Sandhya Kambhampati Win 2018 Gerald Loeb Awards|
Ashwin Seshagiri, a deputy editor at The New York Times; and Sandhya Kambhampati, a data reporter at ProPublica Illinois, are among the winners of the 2018 Gerald Loeb Awards. [more]
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/