INSPIRATION XII: Inspiring Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi
INSPIRATION X12 : Celebrating Gandhi Janma Jayanti
22 Inspiring Quotes from Mahatma Gandhi
I often look to Mahatma Gandhi for wisdom. His gentle approach to life is testament to the fact that strength does not equal physical capacity.
In the western world, we're taught that to be strong, we must be ferocious in attitude and vehemently go after what we want in life.
I believe this approach is flawed. And I think Mahatma Gandhi would agree with me.
His life story has proven that it’s possible to remain gentle in spirit, yet simultaneously command a huge amount of strength and respect.
“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
In a world in which authority is valued over authentic leadership, I believe we have a lot to learn from the man who fought for a nation with his mind alone.
Gandhi’s philosophy was not purely based on theory; instead he lived by rules of pragmatism. He practiced what he preached every day of his life.
What an inspiring, authentic way to live!
I hope you can take some time to soak up the invaluable wisdom from the 20 Gandhi quotes below, and decide for yourself how you will exude your own gentle, strength today.
This write up by Zoe B December 7, 2012
22 Inspiring Quotes from Mahatma Gandhi:
1. Truth is God and God is Truth!
2. Ekadash Vrat: http://www.gandhi-manibhavan.org/gandhiphilosophy/philosophy_11vows.htm
Ahimsa (Non-Violence), Satya (Truth), Asteya (Non- Stealing), Bhramhacharya (Behave like Bhramhan – God, Loosly Celibacy), Aparigrah (Non- Hoarding), ShariShram (Honest Activity – Serving others), Aswad (Control over palate), Sarvatra Bhayavarjana (Fearlessness), Sarva Darma- Samanatva (All Religions are True and Equal), Swadesshi ( Use goods from Cotton Industries), Sparsh Bhavana (Remove Untouchability, He called them Harijans – God’s Children)
Mahtma Gandhiji’s Dream has been to establish Ram Rajya. May it be FullFilled in our Life Time!
3. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
4. “A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.”
5. “Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
6. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.”
7. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
8. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
9. “An ounce of patience is worth more than a tonne of preaching.”
10. “Change yourself – you are in control.”
11. “See the good in people and help them.”
12. “Without action, you aren’t going anywhere.”
13. “Take care of this moment.”
14. “Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.”
15. “Continue to grow and evolve.”
16. “A no uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ uttered merely to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.”
17. “Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.”
18. "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.”
19. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
20. “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.”
21. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
22. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
P.S. Quotes from 3 to 22 are collected by Zoe B Dec 7, 2012
OM Shantih OM! Compiled by Sudhir Parikh.
Share your Comments
In this Issue
|Saheli’s Fundraising Gala Nirbhaya|
Saheli has been in Massachusetts helping and supporting South Asian families in crisis for the past 21 years. You have been a generous supporter and friend of Saheli for most of the past decade. Your generous donation has made it possible to help so many in the community. [more]
|In Conversation With Devika Gholap And Ritika Sharma|
Devika and Ritika are the co-founders and co-chairs of Detour India Fest, a first of its kind conference being held at Boston University on Nov 11. The conference features leading speakers including Mr. Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, Mr. Ajay Jadeja, Mr. Kapil Sibal, Mr. Rohan Joshi (AIB), Mr. Ashish Kashyap (Ibibo Group Founder), Ms. Anu Chitrapu (Senior VP, Bank of America), Mr. Karambir Kang (Area Director of Taj Hotels). They talked to Lokvani about the conference. [more]
|Rally For Rivers Nadi Concert|
An endeavor to revive the dying rivers of India; an exploration in Bharatanatyam of river-inspired love and music on November 4th in Andover, MA. [more]
|INSPIRATION XII: Inspiring Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi|
22 Inspiring Quotes from Mahatma Gandhi compiled by Sudhir Parikh. [more]
|Kathak, Sitar And Tabla - A Visual And Auditory Feast|
Strings N Beats is a unique dialogue between dance and music to be held on Sunday, from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm, on November 19, 2017 at Cary Hall in Lexington, MA. Organized by Shadaj (a non-profit organization founded by volunteers from Lexington and the greater Boston area). [more]
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/