INSPIRATION XII: Inspiring Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi
INSPIRATION X12 : Celebrating Gandhi Janma Jayanti
22 Inspiring Quotes from Mahatma Gandhi
I often look to Mahatma Gandhi for wisdom. His gentle approach to life is testament to the fact that strength does not equal physical capacity.
In the western world, we're taught that to be strong, we must be ferocious in attitude and vehemently go after what we want in life.
I believe this approach is flawed. And I think Mahatma Gandhi would agree with me.
His life story has proven that it’s possible to remain gentle in spirit, yet simultaneously command a huge amount of strength and respect.
“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
In a world in which authority is valued over authentic leadership, I believe we have a lot to learn from the man who fought for a nation with his mind alone.
Gandhi’s philosophy was not purely based on theory; instead he lived by rules of pragmatism. He practiced what he preached every day of his life.
What an inspiring, authentic way to live!
I hope you can take some time to soak up the invaluable wisdom from the 20 Gandhi quotes below, and decide for yourself how you will exude your own gentle, strength today.
This write up by Zoe B December 7, 2012
22 Inspiring Quotes from Mahatma Gandhi:
1. Truth is God and God is Truth!
2. Ekadash Vrat: http://www.gandhi-manibhavan.org/gandhiphilosophy/philosophy_11vows.htm
Ahimsa (Non-Violence), Satya (Truth), Asteya (Non- Stealing), Bhramhacharya (Behave like Bhramhan – God, Loosly Celibacy), Aparigrah (Non- Hoarding), ShariShram (Honest Activity – Serving others), Aswad (Control over palate), Sarvatra Bhayavarjana (Fearlessness), Sarva Darma- Samanatva (All Religions are True and Equal), Swadesshi ( Use goods from Cotton Industries), Sparsh Bhavana (Remove Untouchability, He called them Harijans – God’s Children)
Mahtma Gandhiji’s Dream has been to establish Ram Rajya. May it be FullFilled in our Life Time!
3. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
4. “A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.”
5. “Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
6. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.”
7. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
8. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
9. “An ounce of patience is worth more than a tonne of preaching.”
10. “Change yourself – you are in control.”
11. “See the good in people and help them.”
12. “Without action, you aren’t going anywhere.”
13. “Take care of this moment.”
14. “Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.”
15. “Continue to grow and evolve.”
16. “A no uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ uttered merely to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.”
17. “Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.”
18. "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.”
19. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
20. “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.”
21. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
22. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
P.S. Quotes from 3 to 22 are collected by Zoe B Dec 7, 2012
OM Shantih OM! Compiled by Sudhir Parikh.
Share your Comments
In this Issue
|Devika Kumar And Rajvi Ranka Named Girls Scouts' National Young Women Of Distinction|
By creating positive change to address society’s most pressing issues, such as supporting girls’ menstrual hygiene in rural India, and creating water conservation technology to help farmers in California, Devika Kumar and Rajvi Ranka have been named recipients of this year’s National Young Women of Distinction honor. [more]
|Lokvani Community Heroes Night|
We are delighted to invite you to a one-of-a-kind evening where we celebrate and honor Heroes in our community. The event will be held on December 16 at the Ambrosia Banquet Hall in Foxborough, MA. In the spirit of the holiday season, the event will be filled with great food, entertainment and an excellent DJ. [more]
|Music Review: Top Ten Bollywood Songs Of The Week|
by Priyanka Jain Vora
Bollywood top hits of the week are in! This year has been the year of remixes – don’t miss out on “Chalti Hai Kya 9 se 12” from Judwaa 2! Here is the video from the original Judwaa movie with Salman Khan from 1997. These hits below are full of songs that are perfect for your Diwali dance party! [more]
|Saheli’s Fundraising Gala Nirbhaya|
Saheli has been in Massachusetts helping and supporting South Asian families in crisis for the past 21 years. You have been a generous supporter and friend of Saheli for most of the past decade. Your generous donation has made it possible to help so many in the community. [more]
|Cartoon: Mother, Father And Child|
by Mahendra Shah
Listen to your dad! [more]
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/