INSPIRATION XII: Inspiring Quotes From Mahatma Gandhi
INSPIRATION X12 : Celebrating Gandhi Janma Jayanti
22 Inspiring Quotes from Mahatma Gandhi
I often look to Mahatma Gandhi for wisdom. His gentle approach to life is testament to the fact that strength does not equal physical capacity.
In the western world, we're taught that to be strong, we must be ferocious in attitude and vehemently go after what we want in life.
I believe this approach is flawed. And I think Mahatma Gandhi would agree with me.
His life story has proven that it’s possible to remain gentle in spirit, yet simultaneously command a huge amount of strength and respect.
“In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
In a world in which authority is valued over authentic leadership, I believe we have a lot to learn from the man who fought for a nation with his mind alone.
Gandhi’s philosophy was not purely based on theory; instead he lived by rules of pragmatism. He practiced what he preached every day of his life.
What an inspiring, authentic way to live!
I hope you can take some time to soak up the invaluable wisdom from the 20 Gandhi quotes below, and decide for yourself how you will exude your own gentle, strength today.
This write up by Zoe B December 7, 2012
22 Inspiring Quotes from Mahatma Gandhi:
1. Truth is God and God is Truth!
2. Ekadash Vrat: http://www.gandhi-manibhavan.org/gandhiphilosophy/philosophy_11vows.htm
Ahimsa (Non-Violence), Satya (Truth), Asteya (Non- Stealing), Bhramhacharya (Behave like Bhramhan – God, Loosly Celibacy), Aparigrah (Non- Hoarding), ShariShram (Honest Activity – Serving others), Aswad (Control over palate), Sarvatra Bhayavarjana (Fearlessness), Sarva Darma- Samanatva (All Religions are True and Equal), Swadesshi ( Use goods from Cotton Industries), Sparsh Bhavana (Remove Untouchability, He called them Harijans – God’s Children)
Mahtma Gandhiji’s Dream has been to establish Ram Rajya. May it be FullFilled in our Life Time!
3. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”
4. “A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks he becomes.”
5. “Be the change that you want to see in the world.”
6. “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is an attribute of the strong.”
7. “I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.”
8. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.”
9. “An ounce of patience is worth more than a tonne of preaching.”
10. “Change yourself – you are in control.”
11. “See the good in people and help them.”
12. “Without action, you aren’t going anywhere.”
13. “Take care of this moment.”
14. “Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self.”
15. “Continue to grow and evolve.”
16. “A no uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ uttered merely to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.”
17. “Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.”
18. "An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind.”
19. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
20. “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.”
21. “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
22. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
P.S. Quotes from 3 to 22 are collected by Zoe B Dec 7, 2012
OM Shantih OM! Compiled by Sudhir Parikh.
Share your Comments
In this Issue
What do you do when you see a person with disabilities? Tyngsboro elementary school student Meera Nair, who suffers from Cerebral Palsy has created a video to teach people how to greet people with disabilities. The fifth-grader's video -- shot, edited and pieced together by photographer Deepa Jacob is her contribution to the "Just say hi" campaign.
|Lokvani Community Heros Night|
We are delighted to invite you to a one-of-a-kind evening where we celebrate and honor Heros in our community. The event will be held on December 16 at the Ambrosia Banquet Hall in Foxborough, MA. In the spirit of the holiday season, the event will be filled with great food, entertainment and an excellent DJ. [more]
by Bijoy Misra
India Discovery Center in association with The First Parish in Lincoln is organizing the Gandhi Memorial Meeting coming Sunday, October 15, at 2 PM in Lincoln Public Library at Lincoln. The topic for discussion is “Gandhi and Civil Disobedience.” [more]
|An Evening Of Devotion Through Raga And Laya|
Smt. Hema Balasubramaniam, a Carnatic Flute artist from Mumbai, India and Shri. Mahalingam Santhanakrishnan, a renowned Mridangam artist and teacher in New England area, presented a concert along with their respective students Naresh and Shivendra at the lotus feet of Shri Shridi Sai Baba, on the auspicious day of Sankashta Chaturthi. [more]
|Sahasra Lingarchana At Shri Sai Samadhi Mandir|
by Neeta Kalve
Shri Sai Samadhi Mandir is performing the Sahasra Lingarchana pooja on Saturday November 4th, 2017 in Hudson, NH which is a unique vedic ritual to worship Lord Shiva. [more]
You may also access this article through our web-site http://www.lokvani.com/